Italy ISD – Stafford Elementary
Pre-K & Kindergarten Roundup
To attend pre-k in the upcoming school year, students must be 4 years old or older on or before September 1 ; eligible kindergarten students must be 5 years or older on or before September 1.
Required Documents for Registration
- Student’s Certified Birth Certificate
- Current Immunization Records
- Student’s Social Security Card
- Proof of Residency in the form of a current (within last 30 days) electric, gas, water bill or lease agreement. (No other documents will be accepted)
- Parent/Legal Guardian’s Government Issued Photo Identification
- Proof of Income (PreK Only)
- Current paycheck stubs – at least 2
- TANF/SNAP letter that indicates you receive benefits
- Child Support – Court ordered or other arrangements made (Divorce Decree will not be accepted as proof of child support)
- SSI Disability Proof of Benefits
- 2021 1040 Income Tax Return for Self Employed
Students must meet one of the qualifying criteria in order to register for pre-kindergarten at no charge.
- Qualifies for the Free/Reduced Lunch program
- Is a Limited English Speaker (An oral language proficiency test will be administered at a later date)
- Is homeless
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the U.S.
- Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the U.S. who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing
- If they do not qualify we offer a tuition based pre-k at $400 a month.